Looking for the best hiking captions and quotes for Instagram? You’ve come to the right place!
Hiking is a fantastic way to get out of your comfort zone and experience nature in all its glory. I love hiking and try to get out into the wilderness as often as I can.
But sometimes it can be tricky to capture the true essence of a hike in one snappy caption. That’s why I’ve put together this collection of 303 hiking quotes and hiking captions for Instagram, so you’ll always have the perfect words for your next outdoor adventure!
From inspiring mantras to common sayings, these quotes will help you share the beauty of the outdoors with all your followers.
Best Hiking Quotes
Inspiration can be found in the most unlikely of places, and what’s more inspiring than exploring the beauty of nature?
Here are some of my favourite hiking quotes for you to use with your next Instagram post. Whether you want to motivate yourself, and your followers, or just let them know how amazing nature is, these quotes are perfect to spice up your Insta-feed.
- “Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.” – Barry Finlay
- “Into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.” – John Muir
- “We live in a fast-paced society. Walking slows us down.” – Robert Sweetgall
- “Hiking: where the view is the reward for your effort.” – Karen Lynn
- “In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks.” – John Muir
- “Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence.” – Hermann Buhl
- “The wilderness is calling, and I must go.” – John Muir
- “Take the trail less traveled, and it will make all the difference.” – Robert Frost
- “Hiking and happiness go hand in hand (or foot in boot).” – Diane Spicer
- “I found far more answers in the woods than I ever did in the city.” – Mary Davis
- “Hiking is not escapism; it’s realism. The people who choose to spend time outdoors are not running away from anything; we are returning to where we belong.” – Jennifer Pharr Davis
- “Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.” – John Muir
- “Now I see the secret of making the best person, it is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.” – Walt Whitman
- “The world reveals itself to those who travel on foot.” – Werner Herzog
- “I slow down when hiking. The rhythm of nature is more leisurely. The sun comes up, it moves across the sky, and you begin to synchronize to that rhythm. – John Mackey
- “Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in an office or mowing the lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.” – Jack Kerouac
- “Hiking is not just exercise; it’s therapy for the soul.”
- “Hiking: the art of knowing when to wander and when to wonder.”
- “Adventure awaits, and it begins at the trailhead.”
- “Hiking is a way of escaping into the beautiful unknown.”
- “Life is a beautiful hike; enjoy every step of the journey.”
- “Hiking is not a race; it’s a journey to enjoy.”
- “Mountains may look intimidating, but they’re just nature’s way of inviting you to explore.”
- “Hiking: where the trail leads to both adventure and self-discovery.”
- “When you’re on a hike, worries fade away with each step.”
- “Hiking is a way of falling in love with the world all over again.”
- “Hike your own hike and blaze your own trail.”
- “It’s like walking, but with better views.”
Best Trekking Quotes for Instagram
Trekking is a longer, more arduous form of hiking, typically involving longer distances and higher altitudes. Most hikes are done in one day while trekking can take multiple days and require more technical navigation skills.
You’ll probably need to carry a decent tent, a sleeping bag, and all the food and clothes that you need with you on your back. It’s challenging, but an amazing experience and definitely worth the effort.
Here are some of the best trekking quotes for Instagram to help give you a boost of motivation and inspiration.
From powerful mantras to philosophical musings, these inspiring words will leave you more eager than ever to discover the wonders of nature.
- “Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.” – John Muir
- “Walking is a man’s best medicine.” – Hippocrates
- “The woods are lovely, dark, and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.” – Robert Frost
- “The man who goes afoot, prepared to camp anywhere and in any weather, is the most independent fellow on earth.” – Horace Kephart
- “Nature is not a place to visit. It is home.” – Gary Snyder
- “I was amazed that what I needed to survive could be carried on my back. And, most surprising of all, that I could carry it.” – Cheryl Strayed
- “Climb mountains, not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world.” – David McCullough Jr.
- “Keep close to Nature’s heart… and break clear away, once in a while, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods.” – John Muir
- “May your trails be crooked, winding, and dangerous, leading to the most amazing view.” – Edward Abbey
- “Our minds, as well as our bodies, have need of the out-of-doors. Our spirits, too, need simple things, elemental things, the sun and the wind and the rain, moonlight, and starlight, sunrise and mist and mossy forest trails, the perfumes of dawn and the smell of fresh-turned earth and the ancient music of wind among the trees.” – Edwin Way Teale
- “Returning home is the most difficult part of long-distance hiking. You have grown outside the puzzle and your piece no longer fits.” – Cindy Ross
- “Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time.” – Steven Wright
- “There’s no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.” – Sir Ranulph Fiennes
- “Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn.” – John Muir
- “All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Mountains have a way of dealing with overconfidence.” – Hermann Buhl
- “The earth has music for those who listen.”
- “Trekking is the art of balancing between exhaustion and tranquility.”
- “Trekking: where you find your rhythm in the wilderness.”
- “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.”
- “Trekking is the only way to get up close and personal with nature.”
- “The best view comes after the hardest climb.”
- “Trekking is an exploration of your inner self as much as it is an exploration of the outdoors.”
- “Trekking is the pursuit of happiness, one mountain at a time.”
- “On the trek of life, every summit is just a new beginning.”
- “Trekking: where each step is a brushstroke on the canvas of nature.”
- “The higher you go, the smaller your problems seem.”
- “Trekking is the art of embracing both the journey and the destination.”
- “Life’s greatest adventures often happen on the trail.”
- “Trekking is a dance between you and the mountains.”
- “The trail never lies; it always leads to a breathtaking view.”
- “Trekking is the answer to the soul’s wanderlust.”
- “In the mountains, I find my peace, my strength, and my joy.”
Best Hiking Captions
Are you looking for the perfect Instagram hiking captions? Look no further!
Now all you have to do is get out there and start exploring!
- Lost in the right direction.
- Life is better on the trail.
- Hiking is my happy place.
- Trail therapy in progress.
- Leave only footprints, take only memories.
- Embrace the journey, not just the destination.
- Hiking: the antidote to civilization.
- Step by step, I conquer mountains.
- Walking with nature recharges my soul.
- Hike more, worry less.
- Do more things that make you forget to check your phone.
- Every step forward is a step toward your dreams.
- Nature’s beauty is the best motivation.
- Hiking: my therapy, my escape, my joy.
- The trail is my happy place.
- Wander often, hike always.
- Hiking is the key to unlocking nature’s secrets.
- Find your trail and lose yourself in it.
- Hike your heart out.
- Walking in the woods is like a gentle embrace from Mother Nature.
More Captions About Hiking
Want even more captions about hiking? Here you go.
- Every hike is a mini-adventure.
- I find my path in the woods.
- Explore the world, one trail at a time.
- The mountains are calling.
- Adventures are better when shared.
- Hiking: the original therapy session.
- Hiking is my meditation.
- Wild and free on the trail.
- Life is short; the world is vast. Hike often.
- Exploring nature, one trail at a time.
- Hiking: my favorite form of self-care.
- In the mountains, I find my serenity.
- Hiking: where adventure meets tranquility.
- Chasing sunsets and summit views.
- Every hike is a journey to the extraordinary.
- Nature walk therapy: highly recommended.
- Hiking: because some paths can only be discovered on foot.
- Live your life by a compass, not a clock
Trekking Captions for Instagram
What’s a good caption for trekking? Try some of these on for size.
- Trekking: where your only competition is yourself.
- Elevate your perspective, one step at a time.
- The higher you climb, the better the view.
- Trekking is the art of embracing change.
- In the mountains, I find my peace.
- Trekking: where exhaustion meets exhilaration.
- Nature is my gym; the trail is my track.
- Mountain therapy is the best therapy.
- Trekking is the pursuit of the path unknown.
- Conquer those peaks.
- Life is better when you’re trekking.
- Trekking is the art of embracing the uphill battles.
- The trek may be tough, but the memories are worth it.
- Trail talk: where the heart speaks louder than words.
- Trekking: where mountains become milestones.
- Trekking is the journey of the body, mind, and soul.
- Nature is your companion and the trail is your guide.
- Trekking: where each step is a story.
- The summit is the cherry on top of an epic trek.
- Every step on the trail is a step closer to self-discovery.
- Life is short; the world is vast. Trek often.
- Nature paints the most beautiful landscapes.
Hiking Puns & Funny Hiking Captions for Instagram
Hiking is even more fun with a bit of humour. That’s why I’ve compiled some of the best hiking puns, funny quotes about hiking, and funny hiking captions for Instagram to help you capture those special memories.
Whether it’s a witty one-liner or a clever pun, these silly and lighthearted sayings will make your hike even more enjoyable.
- I followed my heart, and it led me here. Maybe I should talk to someone.
- I hike so I can eat as much junk food as I like.
- Chocolate for breakfast? Fine in the mountains!
- My performance is peaking.
- Never take hiking for granite.
- I’m outdoorsy – I like drinks on the patio.
- Two’s a company, trees a crowd.
- Just trying to find myself…and some good views.
- Actions peak louder than words.
- Come hill or high water.
- The only compass I need points to the pub.
- Leaf all your worries behind.
Want even more free Instagram captions? Check out these posts:
- 250+ Great One-Word Captions for Travel
- 190 Camping Quotes & Captions
- 133+ Safari Quotes & Captions for Instagram
- 250+ Short Day Out Captions for Instagram
- 145 Flight Attendant Quotes & Flying Captions
- 101 Couple Travel Quotes and Captions for Instagram
- 114 Surfing Quotes for Instagram
- 179+ Desert Quotes & Captions for Instagram
- Trail mix: because there’s no pizza in the mountains.
- I’m a hiker on the streets and a freak in the peaks.
- I’m not a fan of hiking uphill, but occasionally I summit to it.
- Hiking hair, don’t care.
- My hiking boots have trust issues.
- This view better be worth the incline.
- Hiking: where the trail mix disappears faster than the trail itself.
- Hike more, worry less, snack often.
- Hiking is my cardio, and I’m not lion about it.
- Hiking: it’s all downhill from here… except when it’s uphill.
- Why do hiking boots always make great friends? They’re so sole-ful.
- Main-stream media.
Short Hiking Captions for Instagram
Looking for something snappy, short, and sweet to make your post stand out from the crowd? Check out some of these great short hiking captions.
- Into the wild.
- Off the beaten path.
- Onward and upward.
- Find your trail.
- Adventure awaits.
- Take a hike.
- Out of the woods.
- Nature lover.
- Chasing horizons.
- Trail seeker.
- Peak performance.
- Keep it wild.
- Into the wild, I go.
- Onward and upward!
- Lost in nature.
- Chasing summits.
- Hiking is my therapy.
- Seeking adventure.
- Mountain magic.
- Trail vibes.
- Nature calls.
- Hiking into the wild.
- Trailblazing in progress.
- Nature’s playground.
- Into the woods.
- Summit seeker.
- Lost in nature’s beauty.
- Hiking is my happy place.
- Wandering where the WiFi is weak.
- Nature’s therapy.
- Trail vibes = good vibes.
Short Hiking Quotes for Instagram
Short hiking quotes can be a great way to inspire your followers to get out there and explore nature. Here are some good ones.
- “The mountains are calling.” – John Muir
- “It’s the climb!” – Miley Cyrus
- “Climb every mountain.” – The Sound of Music
- “Land really is the best art.” – Andy Warhol
- “Wherever I May Roam” – Metallica
- “Live life one trail at a time.”
- “Nature is the best therapy.”
- “Hiking: the pursuit of the path unknown.”
- “Wander often, wonder always.”
- “Hike it out.”
- “Roam where the WiFi is weak.”
- “Choosing the path less travelled.”
Inspirational Hiking Quotes
Being outdoors can be exhilarating and inspiring. Especially if you’re somewhere remote and beautiful. I often do my best thinking when it’s just me, nature, and a fantastic view.
But, often we need a little extra motivation to get us off the couch and on the trail. Use this list of inspirational hiking quotes to fire up your passions and help you get out the door.
Whether you’re a hiking novice or a veteran trekker, these motivational hiking quotes and inspirational quotes about hiking will leave you inspired and ready to hit the trails!
- “Adventure is worthwhile in itself.” – Amelia Earhart
- “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
- “The wilderness holds answers to questions we have not yet learned to ask.” – Nancy Newhall
- “Walking is a man’s best medicine.” – Hippocrates
- “In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous.” – Aristotle
- “Carry as little as possible, but choose that little with care.” – Earl Shafferckies
- “Everything worthwhile is uphill. Everything.” – John Maxwell
- “The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” – John Muir
- “To travel, to experience and learn: that is to live.” —Tenzing Norgay
- “It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” – Sir Edmund Hillary
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
- “If you are seeking creative ideas, go out walking. Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk.” – Raymond Inmon
- “Remember to look up to the stars, not down to your feet.” – Stephen Hawking
- “I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Nature is the art of God.” – Dante Alighieri
- “The best thing one can do when it’s raining is to let it rain.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and rivers, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books.” – John Lubbock
- “Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go.” – T.S. Eliot
- “Look deep into nature and you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
- “Distance changes utterly when you take the world on foot. A mile becomes a long way, two miles literally considerable, ten miles whopping, fifty miles at the very limits of conception. The world, you realize, is enormous in a way that only you and a small community of fellow hikers know. Planetary scale is your little secret.” – Bill Bryson
- “Embrace the uphill battles; they lead to the best views.”
- “Growth starts at the edge of your comfort zone.”
- “We don’t stop hiking because we grow old — we grow old because we stop hiking.”
- “Finding strength on the ascent.”
- “I find my purpose in the mountains.”
- “The biggest mountain you’ve got to climb is the one you’ve built in your mind.”
- “Hiking: the freedom of the hills.”
- “Nature’s beauty is a gift that never fades.”
- “Hiking: the ultimate form of meditation.”
- “Find joy in the journey, not just the destination.”
Nature Walk Captions for Instagram
Start your next outdoor journey by sharing a beautiful quote. Here are some of my favourites quotes about walking in nature that will make your followers take notice.
- Nature walk therapy.
- Finding beauty in the details.
- Exploring nature’s wonderland.
- Every step is a new discovery.
- Nature walk, soul talk.
- Getting lost in the right direction.
- Walking with nature’s rhythm.
- Ecotherapy at its finest.
- Nature’s secrets revealed one step at a time.
- In the presence of trees, everything is possible.
- Walking with nature’s grace.
- Every step is a revelation.
- Embracing the whispers of the wind.
- Nature’s therapy session.
- In the company of trees.
- Where the wild things are.
- Step into serenity.
- Walking in rhythm with the earth.
- Walking through life, one trail at a time.
- Nature walk: where wonder never ends.
Quotes About Hiking With Friends
Hiking alone is great, but hiking with friends is even better. Check out some of these quotes about hiking with friends.
- “Friends who hike together, stay together.”
- “Hiking with friends: where the adventure begins.”
- “It’s not where you go, but who you go with.”
- “Life is better with friends and trails.”
- “Mountains are meant for conquering with friends.”
- “Exploring the world, one trail at a time, with my best friends.”
- “Adventures are better when shared with friends.”
- “The best memories are made in hiking boots, with friends.”
- “Hiking with friends is the ultimate therapy.”
- “Life was meant for good friends and great adventures.”
- “In the mountains, there are no strangers, only friends you haven’t met yet.”
- “Hiking with friends turns trails into treasured stories.”
- “True friends don’t let you hike alone.”
- “Hiking with friends: because you never know what’s around the next bend.”
- “Friends make the journey sweeter, and the summit even more spectacular.”
Fun Hiking Captions for Instagram
Just in case you need more, here are a few more fun hiking captions.
- “Hiking is just walking where it’s okay to pee.” – Demetri Martin
- “Never follow someone else’s path. Unless you’re in the woods, and you’re lost, and you see a path. By all means, you should follow that.” – Ellen Degeneres
- Going the extra mile!
- It’s a hill. Get over it.
- Hiking is the answer; who cares what the question is?
- The ultimate form of self-care.
- Hiking: the best way to take out your frustrations on nature.
- My calendar says gym, but my heart says hike.
- I’m not lost; I’m exploring.
- Leave only footprints, take only selfies.
- Hike now, nap later.
- Take a hike!
- Feeling pine.
- Nature is cheaper than a therapist.
- I hike because punching people is frowned upon.
- On the path to adventure, I choose to take the scenic route.
- I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.
Hiking Hashtags for Instagram
Want your hiking photos to reach more people? Try using some of these hiking Instagram hashtags.
Final Thoughts: Best Hiking Captions and Quotes for Instagram
No two hikes are the same, so why not make each one of your hiking captions for Instagram unique too?
I hope this collection of 303 hiking quotes and captions for hiking will help you capture the beauty of your outdoor adventures.
If you’ve enjoyed this post please follow me on Instagram. And don’t forget to tag me next time you post about your hiking adventures!